Cambridge University Rugby Union Football Club (CURUFC) was founded in 1872, the year the first Varsity Match was played against Oxford. CURUFC is made up of three men’s teams; Men’s Blues, LX Club and Under 20s.
The CURUFC squad are based at Grange Road, Cambridge, which has been their home since 1896.
CURUFC originally played in Pink before moving to their traditional Light Blue and white from 1876.
Since inception over 325 players have gained international honours; including Mike Gibson, Gerald Davies, Alastair Hignell, Rob Andrew, Gavin Hastings, Dan Vickerman and Jamie Roberts. CURUFC has also produced more players who have represented the British and Irish Lions than any other club, including seven Lions captains.